Be sure to check back periodically for upcoming webinars.
Our webinar “UDAAP: What is it and how to avoid violating it” goes over what exactly UDAAP is, and the potential risks and dangers you could possibly face if you violate it. It is conducted by Melissa Bridges, an attorney at Bodman PLC.
Our webinar “HMDA 2018 – Credit and Underwriting Info” is the final installment in our monthly HMDA webinar series. Mortgage Builder’s Melissa Kozicki goes into detail about the underwriting information lenders need to know about the impending HMDA rule changes for 2018.
Our webinar “HMDA 2018 – Data Points – Property & Borrower Info” is the fifth installment in our monthly HMDA webinar series. Mortgage Builder’s Director of Compliance goes into detail about what property owners and borrowers need to know about the impending HMDA changes for 2018.
Our webinar “HMDA 2018 – Data Points – Loan Terms” is the fourth installment in our monthly HMDA webinar series. Its goal is to educate attendees on some of the most important HMDA regulations, rule changes and requirements that are going into effect in 2018. “HMDA 2018 – Data Points – Loan Terms” will be conducted by Mortgage Builder’s Director of Compliance, Melissa Kozicki.
With new rules being implemented to the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Mortgage Builder wants to help you and your team prepare with the latest HMDA requirements. Most requirements are effective January 1, 2018, but some are effective in 2017!
In October 2015, Fannie Mae announced new requirements surrounding trended credit data. Per the requirements, all credit reports submitted via Desktop Underwriter, as of September 24, 2016, must include trended credit data when underwriting single-family borrowers.
If you are using credit reports for mortgage origination, trended credit data will impact you. To find out how, Mortgage Builder and CoreLogic Credco are teaming up to offer you a platform to get your most pressing questions answered.
Laws and regulations are designed to protect consumers by prohibiting unfair and discriminating practices, especially those related to race, ethnicity, gender, and marital status. However, with so many different regulations and guidelines, some aspects could get lost in the shuffle. Melissa Bridges from Bodman PLC joins us to discuss some of the Fair Lending regulations. Topics will include:
- How you are having applicants apply
- How to adhere to the Fair Lending Regulations, specifically Regulations B and Z
- How new HMDA rules may affect the Fair Lending Act
In our ongoing webinar series dedicated to preparing you for the HMDA rule changes happening in 2018, Mortgage Builder’s Director of Compliance Melissa Kozicki will be hosting the webinar “HMDA 2018 – What Loans Get Reported” to discuss:
- Differences between closed end and open end loans
- What types of properties qualify as a dwelling or manufactured home
- What loans are excluded from coverage
Mortgage Builder® presents a roundtable discussion being hosted by Tony Garritano of Progress in Lending where he discusses with a panel of industry experts:
- Key features lenders should be looking for when selecting an LOS
- How your LOS should prepare you for rule changes like HMDA and TRID
- Where they see LOS advancements going in the future
Mortgage Builder’s® Director of Compliance Melissa Kozicki goes into specifics about the upcoming regulations, rule changes and requirements HMDA is forcing lenders to adhere to. Topics include:
- Who needs to report vs. who doesn’t
- Which types of loans are covered
- Future changes expected to be made in the way and which methods you report
Mortgage Builder’s Lead Trainer Kaytie Smith goes into specifics about how much a paper loan process is really costing you, and the benefits of moving to an LOS. Topics include:
- The high costs it takes to operate and maintain a paper-based loan process
- Compliance and security risks you face in a paper environment
- How collaboration, efficiency and operations will improve when switching to a LOS
Mortgage Builder and Bodman PLC are pleased to bring you this free two part webinar program on the topic of Advertising and Marketing in Today’s Mortgage Market. Join us as Howard Lax and Melissa Bridges, Members at Bodman PLC, review some of the regulations surrounding marketing in today’s mortgage space
Topics Covered in Part 1:
- CFPB mortgage advertising practices rule (Regulation N) and FTC endorsement guidelines
- TILA advertising rules and disclosure requirement for advertisements
- Spotting compliance errors
Topics Covered in Part 2:
- RESPA restrictions on affinity relationships and agreements with referral sources
- FCC rules on calls, faxes and email
- Fair Lending issues
TRID has created some unique challenges in the mortgage industry, including one that has become known as the Black Hole. These Black Holes relate to changes just before closing and the opportunity to reset tolerances. Join us for a free webinar on Thursday, March 24th from 2:00 – 2:30 EST as Melissa Kozicki, Director of Compliance for Mortgage Builder, discusses this compliance challenge. The webinar will cover:
- How to mitigate losses through a better understanding of Black Holes
- Operational policies that can help you minimize the cost to cure
- Different interpretations of the rule to help you make informed decisions about your policies
- Examples of Black Holes and what to look for in determining if you can reset tolerances
1 hour by Mortgage Builder and MSource Training & Consulting, Inc
In this program Audrey Acquisti, President/CEO of MSource talks about a number of topics including:
- What is social media and how it’s being used in the mortgage industry
- Are you aware of the regulations surrounding social media use and the recent changes
- Do you have policies in place for your employees that provide guidance for social media use
- Practical examples of some common situations you likely have or will face
1 hour by Mortgage Builder and Motivity Solutions
In this program Jon Maynell, VP of Client Services for Motivity Solutions, discusses the value of data for today’s mortgage lender. Topics discussed during this webinar included:
- Use big data to close more loans
- How using spreadsheets is costing you money
- Key performance indicators you can use to optimize performance levels
- How to increase compliance and improve loan quality
- Discover the industry’s hidden manual processes and how to eliminate them
1 hour 30 minutes by Mortgage Builder and Bodman PLC
During this program, Howard Lax and Melissa Bridges from Bodman PLC and Melissa Kozicki from Mortgage Builder discusses some of the most vexing issues facing lenders when preparing TRID disclosures including:
- When do you have an application, fee and cost disclosures, and other Loan Estimate issues
- Credits, tolerances, black holes, and other Closing Disclosure issues
- When is a construction loan not a construction loan and other Construction Loan issues
- Other practical challenges you may be facing
30 minutes by Shamrock Financial
Rod Correia, President of Shamrock Financial, shares his experience regarding their partnership with Mortgage Builder and how we are helping them increase their efficiency.
January 9-13, 2017
MISMO Winter Summit Phoenix, AZ
March 5-8, 2017
Lenders One Winter Conference Orlando, FL
March 26-29, 2017
MBA National Technology in Mortgage Banking Conference & ExpoChicago, IL
Papers & reports
The US Housing and Mortgage Market Forecast
The US Housing and Mortgage Market Forecast from CoreLogic Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, Frank E. Nothaft.
Schedule a meeting
"Mortgage Builder continues to surpass expectations when it comes to providing solutions to our LOS needs…"