At Mortgage Builder®, compliance is an integral part of our business. We have a deep bench of mortgage experts and as your trusted mortgage partner, we work tirelessly with you to help you prepare for any changes in regulations – including HMDA. Not only are we committed to updating our LOS , but we deliver training, education, and resources to help you prepare.
In 2018 we will see new HMDA regulations that will significantly affect the loan origination process. In an effort to make this transition as easy and as efficient as possible, we are beginning education and preparation now. We invite you to join us. Check back often as we will be continuously updating this site and adding new HMDA resources. Enjoy.
Mortgage Builder Director of Compliance
Our compliance team has access to the latest HMDA information, and you have access to our team. We run webinars, workshops and conferences regularly and share information about regulations as they become available. Our events are interactive with live Q&A so you can get the most out of the material.
This series of 30 minute videos will help you understand the basics of the new HMDA rule.
When: August 17 at 2:00pm
Learn how to prepare your MLOs for the new HMDA rules.
HMDA – Updates on the new rule and guest speakers from MERSCORP Holdings, Inc. to discuss obtaining an LEI
When: September 14 at 2:00pm
- Update on the new proposals
- Review of the CFPB’s recently released Filing Instruction Guide updates and new HMDA Scenarios
- Special guests from MERSCORP Holdings, Inc.’s LEI Registration and Renewal Services will join us to:
- Describe what an LEI is and why your organization needs an LEI
- Identify the information needed to submit an LEI application
- Explain the process associated with obtaining an LEI and keeping it up to date
- List the benefits of using MERSCORP Holdings’ online LEI registration and renewal services
- Locate MERSCORP Holdings’ online LEI application to register for or renew an LEI
Previously Recorded Webinars
This introduces the new regulations, rule changes and requirements HMDA is forcing lenders to follow.
This webinar details the types of loans that get reported, as well as details on what qualifies as what.
Our 3rd installment of our HMDA series goes in loan and fee information you may be unaware of.
Melissa Kozicki discusses different loan terms including balloon and interest only payments in our 4th installment of our monthly webinar series.
This is Mortgage Builder’s 5th installment of our monthly webinar series that goes into detail on what property owners and borrowers needs to know about the new HMDA regulations.
This is the final installment in our monthly HMDA webinar series. We go into detail about what property owners and borrowers need to know about the impending HMDA changes for 2018.
What you need to know about reporting fields that are not applicable
In our webinar “HMDA Prep & Implementation”, Melissa Kozicki is joined by Sheila Strong to discuss how to get you on track and stay there during your implementation.
In our webinar “HMDA Optional and Procedural Fields”, Melissa Kozicki is joined by Sheila Strong to teach you what operational decisions you need to make in order to accurately report HMDA data.
The Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) is a United States federal law that requires certain financial institutions to provide mortgage data to the public. Congress enacted HMDA in 1975, and it is implemented by Regulation C. The Dodd-Frank Act transferred HMDA rule-making authority from the Federal Reserve Board to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) on July 21, 2011.
But there is much more. We are constantly reviewing resources made available by others, as well as generating many reports and tools of our own. The Mortgage Builder HMDA Hub is your one-stop-shopping source for HMDA-related materials.
- CFPB HMDA home page
- CFPB implementation page
- 2018 HMDA Filing Instructions Guide (FIG)
- CFPB Notice: Status of New Uniform Residential Loan Application and Collection of Expanded Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Information about Ethnicity and Race in 2017
- 2017 HMDA Filing Instructions Guide
- HMDA Scenarios
The only thing that is constant is change. Between now and when the new HMDA regulations go live we will see more details, new resources, potential changes, and additional tools. We communicate regularly with our community and want you to be fully informed and prepared. Be sure to get the latest.
- 2016 User Conference presentations
- HMDA Early Adopter program – contact Mortgage Builder if interested
- Mortgage Builder HMDA Sample Test Matrix
- Mortgage Builder Sample HMDA Implementation Plan
- Mortgage Builder Knowledge Base
- Mortgage Builder Beta Program
- Implementation plan
- Testing plan
- Free training for administrators and end users on the rule and the system
- Training materials for internal use
- Live testing sessions to help walk through the new functionality